Old Dominion 66, George Mason 56
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -Arnaud Dahi scored 24 points and Old Dominion earned its fifth consecutive win with a 66-56 overtime victory over George Mason on Saturday.
Trailing 56-53 after a basket by George Mason’s Folarin Campbell with nine seconds remaining, Dahi knocked down a 3-pointer as time expired and the game went into overtime.
Brandon Johnson then took over for the Monarchs by scoring four consecutive points and giving Old Dominion its first lead, 61-56, since the opening minutes of the first half.
Drew Williamson added 15 points and eight rebounds for Old Dominion (17-7, 10-3 Colonial Athletic Association), who earned just its second win in nine meetings at the Patriot Center.
Folarin Campbell scored 23 points and Darryl Monroe added career highs of 17 points and 11 rebounds for George Mason (13-10, 7-6). Will Thomas finished with seven points and 11 rebounds for the Patriots, who shot just 34.3 percent (21 of 61). George Mason led 49-46 at the 5-minute mark.
The Monarchs trailed throughout most the game and failed to take a lead until Johnson’s 3-pointer gave Old Dominion a 60-57 lead with 3:03 remaining in overtime.
- A sign mocking Jared Sullinger will soon hang at his mom's house
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Ellis has double-double for No. 7 Kansas in 75-56 win at TCU
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely