Furman 63, The Citadel 59
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Tony Anderson scored 20 points, including a pair of free throws in the closing seconds, to lift Furman to a 63-59 win over The Citadel on Monday night.
Anderson also had the 3-pointer that put the Paladins (10-9, 4-4 Southern Conference) ahead for good during a 21-5 run that gave Furman a 55-41 lead with 6:25 to go.
But the Bulldogs (6-14, 3-6) slowly battled back, with J’Mel Everhart’s free throw cutting their deficit to 61-59 with a minute left.
Anderson went to the line with 12 seconds to go and hit a pair of free throws to seal the game for Furman.
Donny McLendon scored 19 points, Kevin Hammack added 17 points and eight rebounds and Demetrius Nelson had 14 points for The Citadel.
Gerard Punch added seven points and seven rebounds for Furman.
- Ex-Robinson High coach shares memories of Desmond Allison
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66