Stephen F. Austin 67, McNeese St. 53
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Individual scoring was low and the Stephen F. Austin bench got 29 points as the Lumberjacks beat McNeese State 67-53 on Saturday.
SFA (11-5, 4-0 Southland) hit 65 percent of its first-half shots for a 34-22 halftime lead.
McNeese got 16 of the next 20 points to tie the score at 38-38 when Jarvis Bradley hit a slam dunk with 12:37 left. He finished with 10 points for the Cowboys.
The score was tied again at 40, but SFA got the next seven points, four of them on free throws by Matt Kingsley, and led the rest of the game.
Kingsley and Will Johnson led SFA with 12 points each, and Josh Alexander added 10.
Troy Aaron led the Cowboys (6-11, 1-2) with 13 points and John Ford had 10.
- NCAA underachiever, NBA success story: No. 6 Trevor Ariza
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- No. 25 Wichita State pounds Drake 74-48