Creighton 75, Evansville 62
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP)—Isacc Miles scored 15 points on 5-of-10 shooting to lead Creighton to a 75-62 victory over Evansville on Saturday.
Anthony Tolliver added 14 points and four blocks for the Bluejays (9-5, 3-1 Missouri Valley Conference) in their fifth win of the last seven games.
Jason Holsinger had 16 points to lead Evansville (9-7, 2-3) in its third straight loss.
The Aces shot 15-of-26 (58 percent) from the floor in the first half and went on an 18-2 run over the final 5:44 to take a 38-35 halftime lead.
Evansville was held to 6-of-27 (22 percent) shooting in the second half and lost the lead for good when Miles hit a 3-pointer with 12:05 remaining. Creighton hit three 3-pointers in a row during an 18-4 second half run and built its lead to 61-48 with 5:46 remaining.
- Accolades come early for North Carolina's Harrison Barnes
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas