Stetson 61, Kennesaw State 56
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Eric Diaz hit back-to-back 3-point baskets in the final two minutes to give Stetson the lead and the Hatters held on for a 61-56 victory over Kennesaw State in the Atlantic Sun Conference opener for both teams.
Stetson trailed by a point, 54-53, when point guard Gabe McMillen found Diaz open for a 3-pointer to put the Hatters ahead 56-54 with 1:39 to play. About a minute later, McMillen was burning the clock before he found Diaz alone again for another 3-point basket with 40 seconds left. Kennesaw State didn’t make a field goal in the final 4:49.
Sophomore guard Garfield Blair paced Kennesaw State (3-4) with 11 points, while Diaz and sophomore guard Kris Thomas each added 10 points.
Kennesaw State junior center Shuan Stegall had 15 points and 10 rebounds. Sophomore reserve guard Andre Morgan chipped in 13 points and junior forward Ronell Wooten had 11 points for the Owls (2-5).
Stetson led 26-21 at the half despite shooting just 31 percent from the floor. The Hatters countered with 63.2 percent shooting in the second half.
- UTEP's Tim Floyd escorted off by police following ejection
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win