Missouri St. 77, Delaware St. 54
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Deven Mitchell scored 17 points and Blake Ahearn added 16 to lead Missouri State to a 77-54 win over Delaware State on Sunday.
Missouri State (2-0) took a 38-23 halftime lead after shooting 72 percent from the field in the first half. Delaware State (1-3), opening the season with a 14-game road schedule, cut the lead to 59-45 on a basket by Roy Bright with 9:35 left.
Missouri State responded with a 14-4 run capped by a Mitchell dunk with 2:46 left to give his team a 73-49 lead.
Delaware State committed 18 turnovers, which Missouri State turned into 27 points.
Tyler Chaney had 12 points for Missouri State and Spencer Laurie added 10.
Jahsha Bluntt was the only Delaware State player to finish in double figures with 22 points.
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture