Stephen F. Austin 71, San Diego 62
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Josh Alexander scored a game-high 18 points to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 71-62 win over San Diego on Saturday in the season opener for both teams.
Alexander hit 3-of-5 from beyond the 3-point arc.
Chaz Dykes scored 15 points, and Antuane Miller and Matt Kingsley added 11 points each for the Lumberjacks.
Brandon Johnson led San Diego with 18 points on 5-of-9 shooting. He hit 8-of-9 shots from the foul line, where San Diego was 21-of-26 overall. The Toreros shot just 1-of-13 from beyond the 3-point line.
The Lumberjacks 35-28 at halftime.
- Chaminade’s new hire adds more intrigue to Maui Invitational
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics