Indiana State 63, Southern Illinois 54
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Southern Illinois fell to Indiana State 63-54 on Wednesday, ending the team’s 33-game win streak at SIU Arena and spoiling its chance to advance to the nation’s top spot in home wins.
Going into Wednesday’s game, the Salukis (16-6, 9-3 Missouri Valley) were tied with Gonzaga and Illinois with 33 home wins. Those teams next play at home Saturday.
The last-place Sycamores (9-11, 2-10) ended the first half up 34-25, a lead the Salukis weren’t able to overcome. Both teams earned 29 points in the second half.
Indiana State’s Tyson Schnitker led the game with 24 points, followed by SIU’s Randal Falker with 21.
SIU’s Jamaal Tatum and Indiana’s Davis Moss each had 13 points.
Southern Illinois’ last home loss was to Charlotte on Jan. 2, 2004.
- Three famous alums from all 68 NCAA tournament teams
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win