Fairleigh Dickinson 84, Robert Morris 83
CORAOPOLIS, Pa. (AP)—Chad Timberlake hit a jumper with 12 seconds left to give Fairleigh Dickinson a 84-83 comeback win over Robert Morris on Saturday night.
Gordon Klaiber converted a four-point play with a minute left that pulled the Knights to 83-81. Timberlake then sank a free throw and a jumper to give Fairleigh Dickinson the lead for good.
Timberlake scored 14 points and Andrea Crosariol added 20 for Fairleigh Dickinson (10-8, 7-2 Northeast Conference). Klaiber chipped in 19 and blocked a jumper by the Colonials’ Jeremy Chappell as time expired.
Robert Morris (11-8, 7-3) trailed 48-41 at halftime and fell behind by as many as 14 early in the second quarter. But trailing 61-47 with 14:38 left, the Colonials went on a 16-3 run to pull to within 64-63 with 10:12 to go. Chappell scored seven of his game-high 27 points to key the rally by Robert Morris.
Derek Coleman scored 17 points and A.J. Jackson had 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Colonials.
- Jeopardy-fail: John Wooden question stumps contestants
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56