Northwestern 78, Purdue 76, OT
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP)—Vedran Vukusic scored eight of his 29 points in overtime to lead Northwestern to a 78-76 win over Purdue on Wednesday night.
Vukusic shot 12-of-19, including 4-of-10 on 3-pointers.
Mohamed Hachad added 20 points on 4-of-5 3-point shooting for the Wildcats (10-8, 3-4 Big Ten).
Marcus White, Bryant Dillon and Matt Kiefer each scored 18 points for the Boilermakers (7-11, 1-6).
Dillon hit a 3-pointer from the right corner with 11.8 seconds left in regulation and time running out on the shot clock to give the Boilermakers a 66-63 lead.
Northwestern’s Craig Moore then came off a screen and hit a contested 3-pointer from the right wing with 0.9 seconds left to force overtime.
Purdue led 23-18 in the first half before the Wildcats hit four 3-pointers, including two by Hachad, to take a 30-28 halftime lead. Hachad had 13 points at the break, better than his average of 10 points per game.
The Boilermakers outrebounded the Wildcats 17-5 and shot 50 percent from the field in the first half, but still trailed at halftime because of 10 turnovers and poor defense.
Northwestern hit 12-of-29 3-pointers overall.
Purdue outrebounded the Wildcats 33-15 and shot 57 percent from the field.
- Charleston Southern defeats Presbyterian 75-64
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses