Texas-Arlington 78, Nicholls St. 66
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Myles Guidry scored 23 points to lead Texas-Arlington into the Southland Conference tournament with a 78-66 victory over Nicholls State on Friday night.
Texas-Arlington (13-14, 7-9 Southland Conference), which was facing a must-win its is regular season finale to advance, will be the eighth seed when the tournament begins Tuesday.
Kenneth Henderson added 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Mavericks, who snapped a four-game losing streak. He and Guidry were the only Mavericks in double figures.
Nicholls State (6-21, 1-5) ends its season on a 10-game losing streak and an 0-14 record away from home.
Stefan Blaseczynski led the Colonels with 26 points. Jason Wilkins had 13 points.
- Texas-Arlington 78, Nicholls St. 66
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark