Drexel 66, Towson 60
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Reserve Kenell Sanchez scored 17 points to lead Drexel to a 66-60 victory over Towson on Monday night, the Tigers’ 12th straight loss.
Chaz Crawford had seven points and 10 rebounds for Drexel (17-10, 12-6 Colonial Athletic Association), while Bashir Mason added 11 points. The win was the fourth straight for the Dragons, who will play Hofstra on Saturday in the CAA tournament quarterfinals.
Trevan Jackson scored 12 points for Towson (5-23, 2-16), while Lawrence Hamm had 13 rebounds.
Towson will play Delaware in the CAA’s first round on Friday.
Jackson hit consecutive 3-pointers to bring Towson within 56-51 with 3:52 to play. Sanchez then scored all the points in a 5-0 run and Towson didn’t get closer than four points the rest of the way.
- Drexel 66, Towson 60
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game