S. Illinois 60, Indiana St. 52
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Darren Brooks scored 22 points to lead Missouri Valley Conference champion Southern Illinois to a 60-52 win over Indiana State Monday night, the final game for both teams in the regular season.
The Salukis (24-6, 14-3), who have won eight straight, sent Indiana State to its third straight loss as both teams get ready for next weekend’s conference tournament. Southern Illinois wrapped up its fourth straight conference title with Saturday’s win over Wichita State.
Indiana State (10-18, 5-12) was led by Amani Daanish, who had 16 points and a game-high seven rebounds. Eric Gray added 13 more.
Southern Illinois hit 11-of-12 from the free-throw line and outshot the Sycamores 38.9 percent to 27.3 percent on 3-pointers.
Also scoring in double digits for the Salukis was Jamaal Tatum with 11 points.
- S. Illinois 60, Indiana St. 52
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four