Holy Cross 66, Army 49
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Keith Simmons scored 18 points as Holy Cross raced to a 22-point halftime lead for a 66-49 win over Army in its regular-season finale on Saturday.
Holy Cross (22-5, 13-1 Patriot), which won its 14th consecutive game, will play Army again in the conference quarterfinals next on Friday.
Matt Bell scored 14 points to lead Army (3-23, 1-13).
After the Cadets’ Cory Sinning scored the opening basket, the Crusaders used a 12-0 run to take control.
Kevin Hamilton hit a 3-point field goal to start Holy Cross on a 19-9 run as the Crusaders took a 36-14 halftime lead.
Army pulled within 38-27 with an 11-0 run early in the second half. Bell hit a pair of 3-pointers in the run and Jimmy Sewell added another.
But Holy Cross responded with a 12-2 run sparked by Torey Thomas and Simmons for a 50-29 lead with 9:34 left.
Army never got closer than 14 the rest of the way.
- Holy Cross 66, Army 49
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?