Holy Cross 69, Bucknell 54
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Holy Cross won its 13th straight game and clinched the Patriot League regular season title with 69-54 victory over Bucknell on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (21-5, 12-1) will have homecourt advantage throughout the league tournament, which begins March 4.
Kevin Hamilton scored 16 points to lead Holy Cross. The Crusaders led 48-42 with 7:17 to play when Hamilton and Greg Kinsey sparked a decisive 12-2 run to put the game away.
John Griffin scored 15 points for Bucknell (18-9, 9-4).
Bucknell pulled within six points when Chris McNaughton sank two free throws and Charles Lee another, making it 48-42.
But Torey Thomas and John Hurley each sank two free throws, and Hamilton connected on a 3-pointer to push the lead to 55-42. Holy Cross was 20 of 22 from the free-throw line.
Kinsey’s 3-pointer with 4:43 left made it 60-44.
- Holy Cross 69, Bucknell 54
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?