Holy Cross 69, Bucknell 54
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Holy Cross won its 13th straight game and clinched the Patriot League regular season title with 69-54 victory over Bucknell on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (21-5, 12-1) will have homecourt advantage throughout the league tournament, which begins March 4.
Kevin Hamilton scored 16 points to lead Holy Cross. The Crusaders led 48-42 with 7:17 to play when Hamilton and Greg Kinsey sparked a decisive 12-2 run to put the game away.
John Griffin scored 15 points for Bucknell (18-9, 9-4).
Bucknell pulled within six points when Chris McNaughton sank two free throws and Charles Lee another, making it 48-42.
But Torey Thomas and John Hurley each sank two free throws, and Hamilton connected on a 3-pointer to push the lead to 55-42. Holy Cross was 20 of 22 from the free-throw line.
Kinsey’s 3-pointer with 4:43 left made it 60-44.
- Coleman helps Presbyterian edge High Point 65-62
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims