North Carolina A&T 67, Howard 63
WASHINGTON (AP)—Sean Booker scored 17 points and Jason Wills added 15 to help North Carolina A&T come from behind to defeat Howard 67-63 Monday.
The win snapped a six-game losing streak for the Aggies (5-21, 4-11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), while the Bison (5-19, 2-13) dropped their 13th straight.
Howard appeared to be on its way to snapping out of its slump when it took a 31-24 lead at halftime. They extended the lead to 47-35 with 11:10 on the clock. But the Aggies stepped up with an 18-5 run, taking a 53-52 lead with 6:45 remaining.
Booker scored 13 of his points and Wills got 10 points all in the second half.
The game eventually came down to foul shots, and the Aggies did a better job, hitting five of eight in the last minute.
Reggie Bates scored a career-high 19 points, Will Gant added 13 and Darryl Hudson scored 12 points.
- North Carolina A&T 67, Howard 63
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0