Hofstra 68, Towson 59
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Loren Stokes scored 17 of his 18 points in the second half and Hofstra rallied for a 68-59 victory over Towson on Wednesday night, extending the Tigers’ losing streak to nine games.
Antoine Agudio added 15 points for the Pride (17-7, 9-6 Colonial Athletic Conference), who won their third straight and fifth of six. Aurimas Kieza had 13 points for Hofstra and Adrian Uter had six points, five rebounds and nine blocked shots.
Lawrence Hamm was 10-of-16 from field and scored 23 points for the Tigers (5-20, 2-13), while Mike Green added 17.
Jonathan Pease made two free throws to give Towson its largest lead, 45-36 with 13:02 to play. Stokes scored eight points in a 14-4 run that gave the Pride a 50-49 lead with 7:33 left.
The Tigers took their last lead at 53-52 on a layup by Lafayette Dublin with 5:17 to go. Stokes then scored six points as the Pride closed the game on a 16-6 run. Kieza gave Hofstra the lead for good, 55-53, with a 3-pointer with 4:35 to play.
- Hofstra 68, Towson 59
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0