Delaware 65, Towson 55
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Andrew Washington scored 16 points and had five assists and Harding Nana registered his 15th double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 rebounds to lead Delaware to a 65-55 victory over Towson on Saturday.
Calvin Smith added 10 points and nine rebounds, Mike Slattery contributed eight points and five assists, and Rulon Washington chipped in with eight points for Delaware (10-15, 7-7 Colonial Athletic Association).
Cantrell Fletcher led Towson (5-19, 2-12) with 13 points off the bench, while Lawrence Hamm added nine points and a game-high 13 rebounds. Winstonn Tubbs, Trevan Jackson and Lafayette Dublin each recorded eight points.
It’s the third win in the last four games for Delaware and Towson’s eight consecutive loss.
Delaware shot 47.1 percent from the field (24 of 51) and turned the ball over just nine times but connected on just 11 of 25 free throws.
- Delaware 65, Towson 55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four