Coppin St. 79, N. Carolina A&T 74, OT
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Darryl Proctor scored four points in an 8-0 run to help lift Coppin State to a 79-74 overtime victory over North Carolina A&T on Saturday.
Procter ended the night with 31 points and nine rebounds for the Eagles (9-11, 9-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Nicholas King posted 20 points.
Steven Koger had a career-high 27 points on 7-for-11 shooting from 3-point range for the Aggies (4-16, 3-6). Sean Booker had 23.
The Aggies went scoreless for the first four minutes of overtime. They missed three 3-pointers and turned the ball over three times during their first six possessions of OT.
The Aggies got to within three with 27 seconds remaining as Koger hit his career-high seventh 3-pointer to cut the lead to 75-72.
The Eagles hit free throws down the stretch to pull out the victory.
- Texas-Arlington 69, Stephen F. Austin 62
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul