Dartmouth 50, Princeton 42
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Mike Lang scored a game-high 16 points as Dartmouth defeated Princeton 50-42 Friday night.
The Big Green (5-13 overall, 2-3 Ivy) broke a seven-game losing streak against the Tigers (10-7 overall, 1-2 Ivy), the preseason favorite to win the Ivy League title.
Dartmouth used an 18-1 run in the final 4:47 of the game, recovering from a nine-point deficit, 41-32.
Lang scored nine of his points in that stretch, including a pair of free throws with 1:18 to play, giving Dartmouth the lead, 43-41, for the first time in the game.
On the next possession, Princeton’s Judson Wallace made one of two free throws for a 43-42 score with 1:06 to go. Dartmouth answered with the last seven points of the game, including a layup by David Gardner for a three-point cushion, 45-42, with 36 seconds remaining.
Also in double figures for Dartmouth was Chuck Flynn with 10 points. He also had a game-high seven rebounds as the Big Green outrebounded Princeton, 24-16.
For the Tigers, Noah Savage scored 10 points and added five boards.
- Dartmouth 50, Princeton 42
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look