Dartmouth 50, Princeton 42
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Mike Lang scored a game-high 16 points as Dartmouth defeated Princeton 50-42 Friday night.
The Big Green (5-13 overall, 2-3 Ivy) broke a seven-game losing streak against the Tigers (10-7 overall, 1-2 Ivy), the preseason favorite to win the Ivy League title.
Dartmouth used an 18-1 run in the final 4:47 of the game, recovering from a nine-point deficit, 41-32.
Lang scored nine of his points in that stretch, including a pair of free throws with 1:18 to play, giving Dartmouth the lead, 43-41, for the first time in the game.
On the next possession, Princeton’s Judson Wallace made one of two free throws for a 43-42 score with 1:06 to go. Dartmouth answered with the last seven points of the game, including a layup by David Gardner for a three-point cushion, 45-42, with 36 seconds remaining.
Also in double figures for Dartmouth was Chuck Flynn with 10 points. He also had a game-high seven rebounds as the Big Green outrebounded Princeton, 24-16.
For the Tigers, Noah Savage scored 10 points and added five boards.
- Detroit guard’s bounce basket is a shot of the year candidate
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims