Brown 57, Princeton 52
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Jason Forte scored 17 points and Luke Ruscoe added 16 as Brown upset preseason favorite Princeton 57-52 Friday in the Ivy League opener for both teams.
Brown (8-7, 1-0 Ivy) took control of the game early in the second half, outrebounding and outshooting the Tigers (9-6, 0-1), who had only one Ivy League loss all of last season.
Princeton had not lost an Ivy League opener since 1996. Brown had won only once in its previous 54 games at Princeton, last defeating the Tigers at Jadwin Gym two years ago.
Princeton scored the last nine points of the first half, led by Andre Logan, who came off the bench to hit a 3-pointer and feed Judson Wallace for two layups. A fast-break basket by Will Venable to give the Tigers a 30-28 lead at the intermission.
The Bears outscored Princeton 14-5 to start the second half, taking a 42-35 lead with 13:08 remaining. Princeton then scored six straight to get within one, but the Bears drew away with a 12-5 run.
Brown shot a torrid 60 percent from the field and outrebounded Princeton 26-19.
Venable and Noah Savage had 10 points each to lead Princeton.
- Tar Heels fans still loathe former Duke star J.J. Redick
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78