Norfolk St. 69, N. Carolina A&T 62
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tony Murphy scored 19 points and all five Norfolk State starters finished in double-figures Monday as the Spartans beat North Carolina A&T 69-62 on Monday in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
Karandick Ogunride had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Norfolk State (6-7, 4-1 MEAC), and Calvin Brown added 10 points and 12 boards.
Sean Booker led North Carolina A&T (1-12, 0-3) with 24 points. Steven Koger added 17.
North Carolina A&T stayed close by scoring 27 points off 24 Norfolk State turnovers.
But the Aggies connected on just 11 of 20 free throws in a game neither team connected on better than 42 percent of their field goal attempts.
- Chattanooga 74, Murray St. 50
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne