Holy Cross 73, Dartmouth 52
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Kevin Hamilton scored 16 points, leading Holy Cross to a 73-52 win over Dartmouth on Wednesday night.
Torey Thomas added 15 points and John Hurley added 12 for Holy Cross (8-4).
Dartmouth (3-9), trailing 34-24 at halftime, made a 19-9 run early in the second half, cutting a 13-point lead to 43-40 with 13:53 left.
But Nate Lufkin and Kevin Hyland sparked a Holy Cross rally in response as the Crusaders built a 57-44 lead with 8:30 remaining.
Mike Lang led Dartmouth with 15 points.
Holy Cross went on an early 12-2 run with Keith Simmons’ three-pointer giving the Crusaders a 16-5 lead with 12:59 left in the half.
A jumper by Paul Bode narrowed the lead to 18-15 with 6:33 to go in the half, but Holy Cross tightened its defense and Hamilton and Simmons converted consecutive 3-pointers for a 31-18 lead.
David Gardner added 10 points for the Big Green.
- Malcolm Gladwell still talking about the full-court press
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78