Texas A&M 90, Chicago St. 70
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Antoine Wright scored 20 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Texas A&M to a 90-70 victory over Chicago State on Sunday night.
Wright struggled in the first half, scoring just three points in seven minutes. But he took control of the game after halftime, scoring 17 of the Aggies 57 second-half points.
Joseph Jones scored 15 points and Edjuan Green added 10 for the Aggies (8-0). They each had nine rebounds.
Chicago State (0-7) hung with the Aggies for the first 20 minutes of play, trailing 33-32 at the half.
Tony Weeden led Chicago State with 18 points. Kevin Jones Jr. added another 12.
A&M is off to its best start since the 1959-60 team began the year at 10-0. First-year A&M coach Billy Gillispie is off to the best coaching start for the Aggies since Tubby Graves began his career with an 11-0 record in 1915-16.
- As NC State fizzles, coach Sidney Lowe's hot seat gets warmer
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team