Boston College 63, Holy Cross 60, OT
BOSTON (AP)—Jared Dudley scored six points and grabbed a key rebound in overtime, helping Boston College pull out a 63-60 overtime win over Holy Cross on Thursday night.
Craig Smith led the Eagles (6-0) with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Jermaine Watson added 15 points and nine rebounds for BC, and Dudley finished with nine points.
Nate Lufkin led the Crusaders (4-3) with 12 points. John Hurley and Kevin Hyland had 11 points apiece.
After Lufkin’s two free throws gave Holy Cross a 57-55 lead, Steve Hailey tied it with two free throws. Hailey then sank a jumper over the edge of the backboard as the shot clock expired with 1:49 to play in overtime.
Kevin Hamilton missed a jumper for the Crusaders and Dudley grabbed the rebound and was fouled. He hit both free throws with 28 seconds left and sank two more with 5 seconds remaining.
Dudley’s basket with 2:02 to play in regulation moved BC ahead 53-51, but he missed a free throw that would have converted a 3-point play. The Crusaders tied it on Hyland’s put-back with 1:39 left.
- No. 16 Tennessee routs Mississippi State 75-59
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson