UMKC 74, Southern Utah 62
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Michael Watson scored 31 points in his final regular season home game, leading Missouri-Kansas City to a 74-62 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Fellow senior Javon Clark added 15 points—all on 3-pointers—for UMKC (13-13, 8-7 Mid-Continent Conference).
Watson connected on a long 3-pointer with 10:45 left in the first half. It was the 379th of his career, one more than Ronnie Schmitz had at UMKC from 1989 through 1993.
Watson was 9-of-22 from the field, including 7-of-12 from on 3s.
David Palmer was 5-for-11 from beyond the arc and had 25 points for the Thunderbirds (10-16, 6-9), while Jason Baker added 11 points.
- How Kentucky's Josh Harrellson became known as 'Jorts'
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78