Bowling Green 76, Youngstown St. 64
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—John Reimold scored 26 points, opening the game with three consecutive 3-pointers, to lead Bowling Green to a 76-64 win over Youngstown State on Saturday.
Reimold gave the Falcons (12-13) a 9-0 lead in the game’s first 92 seconds. Cory Eyink made it 12-0 with another 3-pointer with the game less than 2 minutes old.
Reimold hit 4 of 8 3-pointers as the Falcons made 10 of 18 behind the arc. Youngstown State (8-17) was 1 of 8.
Josh Almanson scored 14 points and Steven Wright 11 points for the Falcons.
Khari McQueen had 11 points and Adam Baumann and Doug Underwood each had 10 for Youngstown State.
After the opening Bowling Green spurt, the Penguins got as close as five points midway through the first half on a 9-2 run. The Falcons led 43-30 at the half and were on top by as many as 18 points three times in the second half.
The Penguins pulled to 61-51 with 8:31 left on Baumann’s layup before Ron Lewis hit a free throw, Reimold recorded a three-point play and then added two more foul shots. Wright then added a layup to cap the 8-0 run.
- Illinois and Oakland played seven minutes using a women's ball
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending