Murray St. 90, Tennessee Tech 78
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Chris Shumate and Kelvin Brown scored 18 points each to lead Murray State to a 90-78 victory over Tennessee Tech on Thursday night.
Antoine Whelchel contributed 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Racers. Murray State (20-4, 11-1 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 56 percent from the field in the win.
Tennessee Tech (12-10, 6-5) was down just 36-33 at halftime but was outscored 54-45 in the second half.
Willie Jenkins led the Golden Eagles with 27 points. Cameron Crisp chipped in 16.
Murray State shot 55.9 percent (33-of-59) from the field and was 9-of-18 from 3-point range.
Tennessee Tech shot 43 percent from the floor, including 11-of-29 3-pointers.
- Did Rasheed Wallace poke fun at Roy Williams with red hoodie?
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72