Bowling Green 88, Marshall 73
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Ron Lewis scored 31 points on 8-of-12 shooting, including three of four from behind the 3-point line, to lead Bowling Green past Marshall, 88-73, on Saturday.
Lewis scored 17 of his points in the second half, including five during a 22-5 run that put Bowling Green (9-10, 5-4 Mid American Conference) up 88-70 with 1:15 left.
Marshall (7-10, 4-5) was ahead 40-38 at halftime, led by Mark Patton’s 13 first-half points. Patton finished the game with 17 points.
But the Falcons outscored the Thundering Herd 50-33 in the second half.
John Reimold added 28 points for Bowling Green, including 6-of-11 3-point shooting. The Falcons shot 57.9 percent from 3-point range, while The Thundering Herd was 26.7 percent from long range.
Marshall’s A.W. Hamilton had a game-high nine assists but no points, while Marvin Black added 12 points and eight rebounds.
- Angry fan sitting in front row is ejected during Memphis' win
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69