Jackson State 60, Alabama State 54
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Antonio Williams-Parker had 16 points to lead a balanced offense for Jackson State, which held off a late rally and beat Alabama State 60-54 Monday night.
The Tigers (4-7, 2-0 SWAC) led the entire game, despite shooting only 34 percent.
Jackson State went 6-for-7 on 3-pointers in the first half to take 36-18 lead at the break.
Jackson State stretched its lead to 44-26 before Alabama State (3-8, 1-1) scored 13 unanswered points to cut it to 44-39 with 8:55 left in the game.
Ralfeal Golden scored 10 straight points during the run.
But Jackson State responded with a 9-2 run over a 5-minute span to push its lead at back to 53-41 with 3:36 remaining.
K.C. Cavette added 15 points and Ishmael Joyce had 13 for Jackson State.
Jackson State converted 8 of 10 free throws in the final two minutes.
Golden led Alabama State, which shot 31 percent for the game, with 14 points.
- Mansell 3-pointer lifts Rider over Niagara 90-87
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69