Alcorn St. 70, Jacksonville St. 68
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Brian Jackson scored 22 points and DeAndre Jones added 15 as Alcorn State held off Jacksonville State 70-68 on Saturday.
Alcorn State (1-5) made 10 3-pointers, including five in the second half. The Braves went 14-of-18 from the free-throw line and held a slim lead early in the second half until Scott Watson hit a 3-pointer to put Jacksonville State (4-3) on top 54-51 with 11:32 left.
The game was close throughout and Watson had a chance to win it in the end.
A 3-point shot by Watson was off the mark in the final seconds. Watson scored a season-high 18 points to lead Jacksonville State.
Watson scored 13 points in the second half, including a 3-pointer with 13:24 left to tie the score at 49.
Alcorn State led 37-30 at halftime.
- Virginia Tech defeats Georgia Tech 76-71
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina