Massachusetts 82, St. Bonaventure 76
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP)—Jackie Rogers scored 26 points, 22 in the second half, and 10 rebounds to lead Massachusetts over St. Bonaventure 82-76 Saturday.
The Minutemen (10-14, 4-7) held onto the lead with 7:30 left in the second half with a basket by Rogers, squashing St. Bonaventure’s halftime lead of 40-32. The second half had nine lead changes and two ties.
The Bonnies (11-12, 5-5) led by as many as 11 points in the first half and had a 9-0 run midway through it. But Massachusetts used scoring by Rogers and Anthony Anderson to secure the win.
Marques Green led the Bonnies with 25 points, 19 in the first half, and six assists. Robert Cheeks had nine rebounds.
Anderson had 19 points and seven assists, while Brennan Martin scored 10 points. Michael Lasme also had seven assists.
Massachusetts outrebounded the Bonnies 40-35. The Minutemen shot 51 percent and held St. Bonaventure to only 37 percent.
- Faris leads New Mexico with season-high 20 points
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne