Manhattan 75, Canisius 72
BUFFALO N.Y. (AP)—Luis Flores had 35 points and eight rebounds to lead Manhattan to its 13th straight victory, 75-72 over Canisius on Sunday.
Flores made two free throws with 4.1 seconds remaining to give the Jaspers (17-3, 10-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) a 75-72 lead.
Brian Dux of Canisius (8-12, 4-7) took an inbounds pass and rushed down the court for a 3-point attempt but his shot was off to the right.
Flores and Justin Jackette had 3-pointers in the Jaspers’ 15-3 run that cut a 14-point halftime deficit to 45-43 with 14:02 remaining.
Flores’ 3-pointer with 7:26 left gave the Jaspers their first lead since 12:13 in the first half. The shot highlighted a 9-2 Manhattan spurt, after which the team did not trail again.
In the first half, Canisius had a 21-5 run started by a 3-pointer by Kevin Downey with 8:10 remaining. The Jaspers scored only two field goals during the last 9:54 of the first half.
Mike Konovelchick had 11 points for the Jaspers, while Jared Johnson and Dave Holmes each had 10.
Jon Ferris had 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Golden Griffins, while Dux and Yaku Moton-Spruill each scored 14 points.
- Do's and Don'ts for filling out your NCAA brackets
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win