Cent. Michigan 88, Bowling Green 71
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Chris Kaman scored 21 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and had six blocks as he led Central Michigan to a 88-71 win over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Mike Manciel had 20 points and seven rebounds while Tony Bowne scored a career-high 18 points and hit a career-high four 3-pointers for Central Michigan (13-5, 6-3 Mid-American).
John Reimold led Bowling Green (10-8, 6-4 Mid-American) with 24 points while Kevin Netter scored 16.
The Chippewas led by 14 points at halftime—after overcoming two early Bowling Green leads—and went ahead by as many as 31 points in the second half.
Central Michigan shot 53.4 percent for the game and connected on 44.4 percent of their shots from behind the 3-point arc to stop a two-game losing streak and remain undefeated (8-0) at home.
Bowling Green has lost four of its last six conference games after starting 4-0 in the MAC.
- Transgender George Washington player a fascinating, inspiring story
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win