Fairfield 82, Iona 78
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (AP)—Kudjo Sogadzi scored 16 points, including a free throw in the final seconds, as Fairfield beat Iona 82-78 Saturday night to improve to 6-0 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
Sogadzi, 7-for-9 from the line, made one of two attempts with 4 seconds left to put the game out of reach. Nick Delfico led the Stags (10-5) with 18 points, and Oscar Garcia added 17.
Courtney Fields scored 26 points for the Gaels (9-7, 4-3) before fouling out with 6:34 remaining. Steve Smith added 17 points and Steve Burtt Jr. had 15 for Iona, 2-for-15 from 3-point range.
Iona’s Charles Henson made a layup with 52 seconds left to cut Fairfield’s lead to 79-78. Garcia made a layup to give the Stags an 81-78 lead with 28 seconds remaining, and the Gaels then missed two 3-pointers in an attempt to tie it.
- Gradnigo's 25 points lifts Louisiana-Lafayette past New Orleans
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team