St. Mary’s 75, Sam Houston State 65
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Daniel Kickert’s 19 points led a balanced scoring effort as St. Mary’s defeated Sam Houston State 75-66 on Friday night in the opening round of the McCaffrey Classic.
Chase Poole and Tyler Herr added 14 and 11 points, respectively. The Gaels (2-1) also enjoyed a 47-24 rebounding advantage.
Eddy Barlow scored a game-high 24 points and Donald Cole added 20 for Sam Houston State (1-2), which shot 29.6 percent in the first half. Barlow was 6-of-10 from three-point range.
Saint Mary’s advanced to the McCaffrey Classic championship against the winner of the Friday’s late game between host Fresno State and Idaho State.
- Proof that Kentucky basketball fans are insane, part 1,703
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89