Va Commonwealth Capsule
Nickname: Rams Coach: Anthony Grant Location: Richmond, Virginia Conference: Colonial Athletic Overall Record: 24-9 Conference Record and Finish: 14-4, 1st Seed, Region and Bid: 11, East, Automatic Total NCAA Tournament Bids: 9 NCAA Tournament Record: 5-8 (.385) Final Four Appearances: 0 NCAA Tournament Championships: 0 Starters: F -- Larry Sanders (6-10, 220, So. -- 11.3 ppg, 8.5 rpg) F -- Kirill Pishchalnikov (6-8, 248, Jr. -- 5.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg) G -- Bradford Burgess (6-5, 207, Fr. -- 7.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg) G -- Eric Maynor (6-3, 175, Sr. -- 22.4 ppg, 6.15 apg) G -- Joey Rodriguez (5-10, 170, So. -- 9.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg) Key Reserves: G -- Brandon Rozzell (6-2, 180, So. -- 6.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg) (statistics before NCAA Tournament) NEXT GAME: vs. No 6 UCLA, Thursday
Follow Yahoo! Sports' college basketball coverage on Twitter.
Updated Sunday, Mar 15, 2009
- Va Commonwealth Capsule
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch