Nickname: Wildcats Coach: Bob McKillop Location: Davidson, North Carolina Record at Davidson: 311-217 Conference: Southern Career Record: 311-217 Overall Record: 29-4 Conference Record and Finish: 17-1, 1st Seed, Region and Bid: 13, Midwest, Automatic Total NCAA Tournament Bids: 9 NCAA Tournament Record: 5-9 (.357) Final Four Appearances: 0 NCAA Tournament Championships: 0 Best NCAA Tournament Finish: REGIONAL FINALIST (1969) Final ESPN/USA Today ranking: NR Final Associated Press ranking: NR Final Ratings Percentage Index: 49 Record vs. teams in the field: 1-1 Starters: F -- Thomas Sander (6-8, 220, Jr. -- 13.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg) F -- Boris Meno (6-8, 220, Jr. -- 11.0 ppg, 8.1 rpg) G -- Max Paulhus Gosselin (6-6, 195, So. -- 4.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg) G -- Stephen Curry (6-1, 180, Fr. -- 21.2 ppg, 4.6 rpg) G -- Jason Richards (6-2, 190, Jr. -- 13.6 ppg, 7.3 apg) Key Reserves: F -- William Archambault (6-6, 210, Fr. -- 7.8 ppg) F -- Andrew Lovedale (6-8, 215, So. -- 5.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg) (statistics before NCAA Tournament) OUTLOOK: What rebuilding year? Despite losing four starters and five of its top six scorers from last season's NCAA tourney team, Davidson made a surprising run to the Southern Conference title. The Wildcats finished the season on a rampage, winning their last 13 games and 25 of their last 26. Curry, son of former NBA star Dell Curry, was the second-leading freshman scorer in the nation - behind only Texas phenom Kevin Durant. He is one of four players in double figures for Davidson, which averages a lofty 81.7 points per game. The Wildcats acquitted themselves well in an eight-point defeat to Ohio State in the NCAAs last season and could spring an upset with a favorable matchup this time around. NEXT GAME: Thursday vs. (4) Maryland at Buffalo, New York
Follow Yahoo! Sports' college basketball coverage on Twitter.
Updated Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007
- Davidson Capsule
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?