Nickname: Bluejays Coach: Dana Altman Location: Omaha, Nebraska Record at Creighton: 260-140 Conference: Missouri Valley Career record: 343-207 Overall Record: 22-10 Conference Record and Finish: 14-5, 2nd Seed, Region and Bid: 10, South, Automatic Total NCAA Tournament Bids: 16 NCAA Tournament Record: 9-16 (.360) Final Four Appearances: 0 NCAA Tournament Championships: 0 Best NCAA Tournament Finish: REGIONAL SEMIFINALIST (1941) Final ESPN/USA Today ranking: 24 Final Associated Press ranking: NR Final Ratings Percentage Index: 20 Record vs. teams in the field: 2-2 Starters: F -- Dane Watts (6-8, 220, Jr. -- 10.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg) C -- Anthony Tolliver (6-9, 245, Sr. -- 13.4 ppg, 6.7 rpg) G -- Nate Funk (6-3, 195, Sr. -- 17.6 ppg, 3.0 apg) G -- Isacc Miles (6-2, 205, Fr. -- 6.0 ppg, 2.2 rpg) G -- Nick Porter (6-3, 210, Sr. -- 10.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg) Key Reserves: G -- Nick Bahe (6-3, 190, Jr. -- 3.1 ppg) G -- Josh Dotzler (6-1, 175, So. -- 2.2 ppg) (statistics before NCAA Tournament) OUTLOOK: Playing in what is well regarded as the best "mid-major" conference in the nation, the Bluejays rolled to their sixth Missouri Valley Conference tournament title in the past nine years behind the sizzling shooting of Funk, who averaged 22 points in the three wins on 53 percent (24-of-45) from the field. Missing all but six games in 2005-06 because of a shoulder injury, the senior guard bounced back in fine fashion, leading the MVC in scoring and the team with 3.3 assists. Tolliver provides the muscle inside, and also played a big role in the team's automatic bid, contributing 15 points and 13 rebounds in the 67-61 win over then-No. 11 Southern Illinois in the title game on Sunday. Unlike some of the other teams in the MVC, Creighton's non-conference season was not as impressive, listing wins over George Mason and Xavier. NEXT GAME: Friday vs. (7) Nevada at Columbus, Ohio
Follow Yahoo! Sports' college basketball coverage on Twitter.
Updated Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007
- Creighton Capsule
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch