The Hawks have dropped three straight contests and seven of nine in January.
New York has lost six of eight, including a 99-82 defeat at Detroit on Friday.
The Knicks scored a season-low 11 points in the third quarter.
New York won three of its four games against Atlanta last season, but the Hawks have won six of seven at home in the series.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- McGrady, Alston boost Rockets to 17th straight win; streak ties 7th-best in NBA history
- Shaq, Iverson finalists, Yao could join them in Hall of Fame
- Silver calls All-Star weekend in Toronto 'a homecoming'
- Thunder beat Pelicans; teams mourn Ingrid Williams' death
- Heat's Hassan Whiteside banned a game for throwing elbow
- Bucks go into All-Star break with 99-92 win over Wizards