Mon Oct 26 05:01pm EDT
The news and rumors are flying fast and furiously surrounding Brock Lesnar's withdrawal from his UFC 106 fight against Shane Carwin. With the Twitter era upon us, news changes in minutes. Carwin tweeted just a few minutes ago that he's been told by his manager Jason Genet that the fight is re-scheduled for UFC 108 on Jan. 2.
Interesting that Carwin says it was the swine flu that struck Lesnar. Yahoo! Sports Kevin Iole first reported that Lesnar had to pull out of his Nov. 21 fight against Shane Carwin.
At UFC.com, Tom Gerbasi writes:
heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has withdrawn from his UFC 106 main event title defense against unbeaten Shane Carwin due to an illness that has forced him out of training camp for nearly a month. The UFC hopes to re-schedule the bout for early 2010. Stepping up into the main event slot will be the highly-anticipated rematch between former light heavyweight champions Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin.
Carwin tweeted earlier in the hour that he was disappointed that he hadn't originally heard the news from anyone at the UFC.
Posted Jun 28 2012
Posted Jun 26 2012
Posted Jun 25 2012