CARSON, Calif. (AP)—Robbie Keane and Stefan Ishizaki scored goals late in the first half, Baggio Husidic added another shortly after halftime, and the Los Angeles Galaxy won the first meeting with rival Chivas USA with a 3-0 victory Sunday afternoon.
Keane scored in the 37th minute, Ishizaki in the 41st and Husidic in the 56th for the Galaxy (1-1-1), who are 16-1-4 in the SuperClasico since the end of 2007. Ishizaki's and Husidic's goals were their first with Los Angeles.
''It's a good win,'' Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said. ''I suspected we were going to win a game at some point this year. … It's our first win, and it has to establish some confidence in the team.''
Ishizaki scored on a though ball by Juninho, after the Brazilian played a give-and-go with Landon Donovan in midfield, and Husidic finished a classy sequence that finished with superb one-touch passes by Keane and Donovan.
''There are no excuses,'' said Chivas winger Mauro Rosales. ''They were more superior than us. The Galaxy showed very well and proved they have very good players to control games.''
Donovan also assisted Husidic's goal, giving him 119 in his career, just 16 off Steve Ralston's MLS record.
Chivas USA (1-2-2), the home team at StubHub Center, didn't put a shot on frame until the 82nd minute and created little until the final 10 minutes.
Keane gave the Galaxy the lead after Dan Gargan headed an Ishizaki cross into the goalmouth. The ball was skipping past Chivas goalkeeper Dan Kennedy, who got a touch on the ball as Keane arrived to knock it home.
- Sao Paulo says Osorio resigns to coach Mexico national team
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs
- FC Dallas-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Lukas Podolski out of Germany's final Euro 2016 qualifiers
- Aguero replaces Lewandowski atop AP Global Football 10
- Albania plans tough security for Euro qualifier with Serbia
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon
- Former West Germany great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's
- South Sudan starts unlikely quest to reach 2018 World Cup
- Impact-Red Bulls Preview
- Dutch on verge of missing out on Euro 2016
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension
- Dos Santos to miss Mexico's playoff vs US
- Mourinho charged by English FA after getting Chelsea backing