Bruin opened the scoring 1:04 into the game. Kofi Sarkodie gave Bruin a pass in the upper box, Bruin settled it and sent it inside the near post from 16 yards. The goal was the second-fastest in Houston history, behind Craig Waibel’s goal at 47 seconds against Colorado on Oct. 14, 2006.
Bruin made it 2-0 in the 13th minute, taking a cross from Corey Ashe and one-timing it into the center net from the upper right goalkeeper’s box.
Boniek Garcia scored in the 23rd minute off Bruin’s pass.
Omar Cummings completed the scoring in the 91st minute.
Bruin had a chance for the hat trick in the 62nd minute with a breakaway against goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, but the goalkeeper made a kick save.
The Revolution lost defender Kevin Alston to a right hamstring injury in the 20th minute.
- Martins scores twice, Dempsey adds another as Sounders roll
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
- 5-year drought ends as Chelsea is champion of England again
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
- Gordon pulls Galaxy to 1-1 draw with Rapids
- Espindola goal, assist sparks DC United's 2-0 win over Crew
- Toronto FC wraps up 7-game road swing with win over Union
- Fire-Sporting Kansas City Preview
- Nagamura heads in winner for Sporting KC, 1-0 over Chicago
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery
- Timbers, Whitecaps play to 0-0 draw in Valeri's return
- Revolution hand Red Bulls first loss of season, 2-1
- Arsenal-Hull City Preview
- Juventus seals 4th successive Serie A title with 1-0 win
- Sounders-New York City FC Preview