Bruin opened the scoring 1:04 into the game. Kofi Sarkodie gave Bruin a pass in the upper box, Bruin settled it and sent it inside the near post from 16 yards. The goal was the second-fastest in Houston history, behind Craig Waibel’s goal at 47 seconds against Colorado on Oct. 14, 2006.
Bruin made it 2-0 in the 13th minute, taking a cross from Corey Ashe and one-timing it into the center net from the upper right goalkeeper’s box.
Boniek Garcia scored in the 23rd minute off Bruin’s pass.
Omar Cummings completed the scoring in the 91st minute.
Bruin had a chance for the hat trick in the 62nd minute with a breakaway against goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, but the goalkeeper made a kick save.
The Revolution lost defender Kevin Alston to a right hamstring injury in the 20th minute.
- Platini appeals against FIFA ban, backed by South America
- Spain clinches Euro 2016 spot with 4-0 win over Luxembourg
- Spain and Switzerland secure spots in Euro 2016
- Argentina forward Aguero will miss next World Cup qualifier
- Platini retains UEFA title, with no interim leader in place
- After leaving Bologna, NY lawyer Tacopina buys Venice's club
- Elias Hernandez, Guemez added to Mexico roster
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi
- USA, Mexico resume soccer rivalry in a Rose Bowl showdown
- Switzerland joins England in qualifying for Euro 2016
- Russia beats Moldova to close in on Euro 2016 place
- Sunderland appoints Sam Allardyce as manager on 2-year deal
- Associate says Blatter hopes to be back within 10 days
- Groin injury expected to rule Goetze out until 2016
- Juergen Klopp wants to inject passion into Liverpool
- US men embrace Mexico soccer rivalry heading to Rose Bowl