Bruin opened the scoring 1:04 into the game. Kofi Sarkodie gave Bruin a pass in the upper box, Bruin settled it and sent it inside the near post from 16 yards. The goal was the second-fastest in Houston history, behind Craig Waibel’s goal at 47 seconds against Colorado on Oct. 14, 2006.
Bruin made it 2-0 in the 13th minute, taking a cross from Corey Ashe and one-timing it into the center net from the upper right goalkeeper’s box.
Boniek Garcia scored in the 23rd minute off Bruin’s pass.
Omar Cummings completed the scoring in the 91st minute.
Bruin had a chance for the hat trick in the 62nd minute with a breakaway against goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, but the goalkeeper made a kick save.
The Revolution lost defender Kevin Alston to a right hamstring injury in the 20th minute.
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- West Ham draws 1-1 with West Brom in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league