Bruin opened the scoring 1:04 into the game. Kofi Sarkodie gave Bruin a pass in the upper box, Bruin settled it and sent it inside the near post from 16 yards. The goal was the second-fastest in Houston history, behind Craig Waibel’s goal at 47 seconds against Colorado on Oct. 14, 2006.
Bruin made it 2-0 in the 13th minute, taking a cross from Corey Ashe and one-timing it into the center net from the upper right goalkeeper’s box.
Boniek Garcia scored in the 23rd minute off Bruin’s pass.
Omar Cummings completed the scoring in the 91st minute.
Bruin had a chance for the hat trick in the 62nd minute with a breakaway against goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth, but the goalkeeper made a kick save.
The Revolution lost defender Kevin Alston to a right hamstring injury in the 20th minute.
- Real Salt Lake, Los Angeles Galaxy play to scoreless draw
- Messi nets 2, Barca beats Guardiola's Bayern 3-0 in CL semi
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar
- FIFA to host Israeli and Palestinian soccer leaders
- Swiss league player fined for red-card tackle
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call
- Guardiola to face Messi and Barcelona in Champions League
- Impact beat Toronto FC 1-0 in 1st leg of Canadian semifinals
- Spain's soccer federation suspends matches from May 16
- Forbes: Real Madrid most valuable for 3rd year in row
- Police: College soccer player assaulted teammate over award
- San Jose beats Houston 1-0 in Dominic Kinnear's return
- The Latest: Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in semifinal
- Galaxy-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Danish man sentenced in 2010 football match-fixing case