Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- Los Angeles rallies to beat Sporting KC in stoppage time
- Neagle, Martins propel Sounders past Rapids 3-1
- Columbus Crew roll 10-man Orlando City 3-0
- Messi scores 400th goal for Barcelona in 2-0 win vs Valencia
- Kljestan, Grella score; Red Bulls beat Earthquakes 2-0
- Orlando City-Crew Preview
- Bayern Munich regrets longtime doctor's departure
- Arsenal, Reading meet in FA Cup semifinal mismatch
- Mattocks lifts Whitecaps over 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0
- Runaway Serie A leader Juventus beats 2nd-place Lazio 2-0
- Clark's putback earns 1-1 draw for Dynamo at DC United
- Bayern's Guardiola: Defender Bernat should be fit for Porto
- Sporting Kansas City-Galaxy Preview
- Beckenbauer: Bayern 'far, far, far away' from Euro title
- Whitecaps FC-Real Salt Lake Preview
- Study: Mario Balotelli heavily targeted on social media