Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Goals galore in Champs Lg as Barcelona and Bayern advance
- Chelsea beats Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in Champions League
- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League
- Bayern beats Olympiakos 4-0, wins Group F in Champs League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE
- Gent keeps Champions League hopes up by winning 2-1 at Lyon