Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- THE LATEST: No loss for Europe; FIFA keeps World Cup quotas
- Blatter says he will forgive but won't forget UEFA rebellion
- Europe's rift with FIFA deepens with Blatter's re-election
- Timbers-Rapids Preview
- FIFA scandal reverberating across soccer-crazy South America
- Real Salt Lake-Whitecaps FC Preview
- Crew-Orlando City Preview
- What lies ahead for FIFA and Sepp Blatter in his 5th term
- Panama holds Argentina to draw at Under-20 World Cup
- Blatter criticizes US justice chief, soccer corruption case
- Nemeth, Sporting KC top short-handed FC Dallas 4-0
- THE LATEST: Police raid businesses named in FIFA indictment
- Impact-Fire Preview
- Blatter wins re-election despite FIFA corruption scandal
- Swiss say there's no special treatment for soccer officials
- Dynamo-New York City FC Preview