Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- For US, roster spots up for grabs in Friday match vs Peru
- Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official
- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has surgery on left knee
- Chile rises in top 10 of FIFA rankings led by Argentina
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident
- Carrard panel starts reform work for crisis-hit FIFA
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe
- Unsung Iceland and Wales nearly qualified for Euro 2016
- German soccer clubs, fans rush to support migrants
- FIFA reforms panel makes little progress at 1st meeting
- Derby's American owners sell to 'Candy Crush' entrepreneur
- FIFA World Rankings List
- England a magnet for players as clubs flex financial muscle
- Government minister takes over Russian football
- FIFA scandal becomes exhibit at Mob Museum in Las Vegas