Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- Blatter says he has 'clear conscience' despite FIFA probes
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US
- Brad Davis scratched from US Gold Cup team; Garza added
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach
- Goalkeeper Petr Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup
- Messi & Argentina shining together, closer to elusive title
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup
- Man U's game vs. Earthquakes switched to Avaya Stadium
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending
- Czech football great Josef Masopust dies at 84