Lawrence Olum lifts Sporting KC past Union, 2-1
Graham Zusi also scored for Kansas City (17-10-7), which will claim the Supporters Shield for the best record in the MLS if New York loses or draws Sunday against Chicago. Philadelphia was eliminated from playoff contentions with the loss and finished the season 12-12-10.
Zusi opened the scoring in the 47th minute. Jack McInerney scored his team-best 12th goal to tie it for Philadelphia in the 88th minute.
Philadelphia lost its final two games and missed the playoffs for the third time in four seasons. The Union played without midfielder and captain Brian Carroll because of yellow card accumulation.
- Fans, media line up for dos Santos at Galaxy practice
- Orlando City-Toronto FC Preview
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM promises best World Cup ever
- Former Austria captain Ivanschitz joins Seattle Sounders
- Dutch league opener scrapped due to planned police strike
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality
- Accam, Maloney score, Fire beat FC Dallas 1-0
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley
- Brazil to play Costa Rica at Red Bull Arena on Sept 5
- Red Bulls-Impact Preview
- US striker Johannsson closing in on transfer to Bremen
- Legia gets 3-0 win as fan trouble stops Europa League game
- AP source: Angel Di Maria accepts 4-year deal with PSG
- Russian club slams 'bigotry' by rival fans
- Portland Timbers, Earthquakes play to a scoreless draw
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0