Valeri scores 2 early lead, Timbers top Chivas 5-0
The win gives Portland the regular-season Western Conference title and with it home-field advantage through at least the first two rounds of the playoffs. Portland (14-5-15) will open the playoffs with an away match on Nov. 2 or 3 against either Seattle, Colorado or the LA Galaxy.
With the result, Chivas (6-20-4) became the 15th team in league history to finish a season with at least 20 losses.
Chivas played without starting goalkeeper Dan Kennedy due to an abdominal strain.
- Leicester's title-winners primed for a big party with fans
- Defender Adriano joins list of Barca players probed for tax
- Spanish league loses its sponsor, may have many smaller ones
- World Cup winner Luca Toni announces retirement
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint
- Argentina plays "Trump" card in Copa America advertising
- Atletico Madrid reaches Champions League final on away goals
- Top Paraguay court rejects Leoz petition to stop extradition
- Madrid beats Man City 1-0 to reach Champions League final
- Abby Wambach to join ESPN as analyst and contributor
- FA seeks eye-gouging ban for Dembele of more than 3 games
- FIFA prosecutors want life ban for Webb in bribery case
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success
- Ranieri won't sign superstars to strengthen Leicester squad
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team
- Real Madrid sets sight on another Champions League final