Valeri scores 2 early lead, Timbers top Chivas 5-0
The win gives Portland the regular-season Western Conference title and with it home-field advantage through at least the first two rounds of the playoffs. Portland (14-5-15) will open the playoffs with an away match on Nov. 2 or 3 against either Seattle, Colorado or the LA Galaxy.
With the result, Chivas (6-20-4) became the 15th team in league history to finish a season with at least 20 losses.
Chivas played without starting goalkeeper Dan Kennedy due to an abdominal strain.
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Chelsea-Arsenal Preview
- Garber: MLS wants top Americans despite Klinsmann's view
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence
- Accam scores early; Chicago beats 10-man NYCFC 1-0
- Manchester United-Everton Preview
- Garber: MLS plan in 6 months to expand beyond 24 teams