Valeri scores 2 early lead, Timbers top Chivas 5-0
The win gives Portland the regular-season Western Conference title and with it home-field advantage through at least the first two rounds of the playoffs. Portland (14-5-15) will open the playoffs with an away match on Nov. 2 or 3 against either Seattle, Colorado or the LA Galaxy.
With the result, Chivas (6-20-4) became the 15th team in league history to finish a season with at least 20 losses.
Chivas played without starting goalkeeper Dan Kennedy due to an abdominal strain.
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela
- Vardy sets EPL record by scoring in 11th straight game
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League
- Iraklis beats 2nd-place Panathinaikos 1-0 in Greek league
- Vardy breaks scoring record, Leicester holds United 1-1
- Villa loses 3-2 to Watford, rooted at foot of Premier League
- Crystal Palace routs Newcastle 5-1 in Premier League
- Neymar, Suarez, Messi score as Barca beats Sociedad 4-0
- Niang scores 2, sets up 1 in AC Milan's 4-1 win over Samp
- Heavy security as PSG plays first home game since shootings
- Italy great Dino Zoff hospitalized with viral infection
- Vardy breaks scoring record to cap goal frenzy in England
- Bournemouth salvages 3-3 draw vs Everton after wild finish
- Sunderland beats Stoke 2-0 to move out of relegation zone
- Timbers-FC Dallas Preview