Sporting KC, Dynamo finish in scoreless draw
The draw extends Houston’s unbeaten streak to five games, but the Dynamo (13-10-9, 48 points) were unable to close the gap on Kansas City (15-10-7, 52 points), which remained four points ahead of the Dynamo in second place in the Eastern Conference.
Nielsen was tested early by the Dynamo.
Will Bruin had a shot from the right box stopped by a sliding Nielsen in the second minute, and Nielsen got a foot on a Bruin shot from outside the right goalkeeper’s box in the sixth minute.
Corey Ashe let loose a shot from 30 yards in the middle of the field in the seventh minute that Nielsen had to jump up and bat over the crossbar.
Aurelien Collin kept the game scoreless at the half, clearing a Brad Davis free kick from outside the upper right box off the end line.
Off a throw-in, Kansas City had one of its best chances in the 67th minute, but Dominic Dwyer’s header from the penalty area was saved by Hall.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks