Cooper lifts FC Dallas to draw with Real Salt Lake
Salt Lake (15-10-7) extended its winless stretch at home to three matches across all competitions. Salt Lake managed to strike first after halftime on a goal from Alvaro Saborio in the 60th minute despite being down a man for the bulk of the match.
Saborio got under a bouncing long ball as three Dallas players closed in on it at the same time. Saborio hesitated a moment at the top of the box and then turned and threaded the ball inside the left post.
Cooper tied it for Dallas (10-10-11), which snapped a three-game losing streak. Je-Vaughn Watson beat Tony Beltran down the right side and fired a shot at Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando. His shot was deflected by Rimando out to Cooper at the right post. Cooper collected the ball and fired it past Rimando inside the opposite post.
Salt Lake defender Abdoulie Mansally was sent off with a red card in the 17th minute after a reckless tackle on Dallas midfielder Jackson. Mansally undercut Jackson as he tracked down a long ball along the sideline. Jackson flipped high into the air and crashed down on his knee. Both players were down for a few minutes before the match resumed.
Both Mansally and Javier Morales will miss the team’s next match against the Portland Timbers. Morales earned an automatic one game suspension on yellow card accumulation. He was issued a yellow card in the 69th minute for a hard tackle on Kellyn Acosta.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks