Di Vaio, Tissot lead Impact to draw with Fire
The tie brought the Impact (13-9-7) its first point in three matches (0-2-1), while the single point for Chicago left the Fire (11-12-7) two points out of the last playoff berth in the Eastern Conference with four matches remaining.
Tissot tied it for Montreal in the 87th minute. Left alone in the left side of the penalty area, he took a loose ball and deftly headed it past sprawling goalkeeper Sean Johnson.
Fire forward Mike Magee scored twice in a 16-minute span, putting Chicago ahead 2-1 in the 73rd. He also sent a penalty kick off the crossbar.
Di Vaio’s league-leading 19th goal had given the Impact a 1-0 lead in the 25th. He took Davy Arnaud’s feed, split a pair of defenders, and beat Johnson from 12 yards
Magee tied it in the 57th minute with a right-footed shot that beat Perkins from deep in the penalty area after Alex’s shot had been deflected.
Magee then gave the Fire the lead with his 18th goal of the year after Perkins misplayed the ball when setting up for a routine clearing kick. Magee pounced on it and ripped it into the back of the net.
He had two chances following that to match Di Vaio’s league scoring lead. Magee hammered a penalty kick off the crossbar in the 79th. Three minutes later, Impact defender Hassoun Camara cleared Magee’s sure goal from the slot after Perkins had stopped Juan Luis Anangono from close range.
- Qatar launches probe after rains exposed poor construction
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow
- United held 0-0 by battling PSV in Champions League
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe