Nguyen’s PK lifts Revolution past United, 2-1
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Lee Nguyen got a second chance on a penalty kick and converted it in the 83rd minute to help the New England Revolution keep their MLS playoff hopes alive with a 2-1 victory over D.C. United on Saturday night.
New England (11-11-7) snapped a three-match (0-2-1) winless streak when Nguyen converted his second penalty kick after being tripped in the penalty box by Lewis Neal.
D.C. United (3-20-6) had its winless streak extended to seven matches (0-5-2). It took the lead in the 11th minute on an own goal by New England defender Scott Caldwell.
The Revolution tied it in the 58th minute when Diego Fagundez scored his team-best 11th goal.
- Arsenal-Newcastle United Preview
- Sunderland-Aston Villa Preview
- Watford-Manchester City Preview
- Everton-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Orlando City loses appeal for Ramos red card
- Barcelona gets favorable draw in Champions League groups
- Barcelona's Messi wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- Judge throws out Leoz request to halt extradition to US