Porter’s late strike gives DC 2-2 draw with LA
Porter’s goal came three minutes after Michael Stephens scored for the first time in three seasons to put Los Angeles in front.
Robbie Keane also scored his team-leading 13th goal early for Los Angeles (13-10-5) and added his team-leading 11th assist on Stephens’ effort, while Chris Pontius tied it for United with a late first-half goal in his first start since July.
Porter’s header gave league-worst United just its second point in six matches. However, D.C. (3-19-6) now has a win and two draws in its last three home contests.
Los Angeles, meanwhile, allowed two or more goals for the first time in four matches, and did so to the league’s worst offense.
- Marin having trouble coming up with $1M cash bond
- LA Galaxy's Keane on MLS Best XI for 4th straight year
- Head of Brazilian federation subject of senate investigation
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo
- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance
- Draws for both Arsenal, Chelsea but only 1 team is satisfied
- Milner penalty gives Liverpool 1-0 win over Swansea
- West Ham draws 1-1 with West Brom in Premier League
- Shades of Maradona as Higuain leads Napoli to top of Serie A
- Carli Lloyd finalist for FIFA Women's Player of the Year
- Manchester City to face Hull in League Cup quarterfinals
- Crew reach MLS Cup with 2-1 aggregate win over Red Bulls
- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win
- Arsenal held 1-1 by Norwich as Sanchez comes off injured
- Tottenham extends unbeaten run by holding Chelsea 0-0
- Casillas saves penalty in Porto's 1-0 win at Tondela