Porter’s late strike gives DC 2-2 draw with LA
Porter’s goal came three minutes after Michael Stephens scored for the first time in three seasons to put Los Angeles in front.
Robbie Keane also scored his team-leading 13th goal early for Los Angeles (13-10-5) and added his team-leading 11th assist on Stephens’ effort, while Chris Pontius tied it for United with a late first-half goal in his first start since July.
Porter’s header gave league-worst United just its second point in six matches. However, D.C. (3-19-6) now has a win and two draws in its last three home contests.
Los Angeles, meanwhile, allowed two or more goals for the first time in four matches, and did so to the league’s worst offense.
- Chicago Fire deny New England chance to clinch with 3-1 win
- Red Bulls beat Crew 2-1, extend lead in Eastern Conference
- US romps to 6-1 win over Cuba in Olympic qualifying match
- Barcelona, Chelsea both lose; Aguero nets 5 goals
- Galaxy-Sounders Preview
- Dynamo-FC Dallas Preview
- Real Salt Lake-Rapids Preview
- Stoke wins 1-0 at Aston Villa in Premier League
- Orlando City keeps playoff hopes alive, beats Impact 2-1
- Toronto beats Union 3-1 to close in on first playoff berth
- Brooks, Gonzalez, Diskerud dropped from US roster vs Mexico
- Canada breezes to 3-1 win over Panama in Olympic qualifying
- Chelsea crashes to fourth loss of title defense
- Mourinho raises prospect of being fired after 4th loss in 8
- Watford draws 1-1 at Bournemouth in Premier League
- Aguero nets 5 goals as Man City beats Newcastle 6-1