Porter’s late strike gives DC 2-2 draw with LA
Porter’s goal came three minutes after Michael Stephens scored for the first time in three seasons to put Los Angeles in front.
Robbie Keane also scored his team-leading 13th goal early for Los Angeles (13-10-5) and added his team-leading 11th assist on Stephens’ effort, while Chris Pontius tied it for United with a late first-half goal in his first start since July.
Porter’s header gave league-worst United just its second point in six matches. However, D.C. (3-19-6) now has a win and two draws in its last three home contests.
Los Angeles, meanwhile, allowed two or more goals for the first time in four matches, and did so to the league’s worst offense.
- Dempsey's 77th minute goal lifts Seattle past Portland 1-0
- Felipe second-half header gives Red Bulls 1-1 tie with LA
- Juventus beaten 2-1 by Torino in derby marred by violence
- DC United beats 10-man Whitecaps 2-1
- Finlay scores twice; Crew power past Union 4-1
- Barca stays in control in Spain; City grabs late winner
- PSG crushes Lille 6-1 to move 3 points ahead of Lyon
- Liverpool's Champions League hopes take another hit
- Altidore scores twice to snap Toronto's 4-game skid
- Bayern wins Bundesliga; Chelsea close to EPL title
- Dozens injured, arrested after soccer riots in Serbia
- Feilhaber scores in stoppage time; Sporting KC ties Houston
- Caldwell scores first MLS goal as New England beats RSL
- City wins as Champions League places look set in England
- Toronto FC-Orlando City Preview
- Watford back in Premier League after 8-year absence